Re: ND and MD

Posted by Mike on 01/13/06 5:41:15 PM as a reply to
ND and MD

Hi Wilmina,

Absolutely, one may pursue both the MD and ND degrees. It has been done, is done and will continue to be a very viable option. Either degree is quite a financial investment particularly if you attend accredited schools. If you have the time, energy and the financial resources, I think such a combination of professional training can potentially produce the best physicians in the world.

Any of the six (four in the U.S., one in Canada, and one in British Columbia) CNME-accredited ND schools are good and will get you licensed as a naturopathic physician in one of the 14 states that license NDís. However, none of the six ND schools offer an allopathic MD program or osteopathic medicine degree (DO). You would have to attend a medical school of which there are many in the U.S., the Caribbean and other countries.

There are a couple of schools that I know of that offer ND, NMD and MD programs. They are relatively new schools and are not located in the U.S. They have applied for the very important WHO (World Health Organization) listing, which is critical if you want to be licensed in the U.S. as an MD. Both institutions are substantially less costly than the more established schools, but then there are risks associated with such institutions. I will not try to go into that here.

Lastly, I hold a M.S. in Natural Health and am completing my doctorate in Natural Health (NHD) in March/April 2006. I, too, am interested in a joint NMD/MD program and have applied and been accepted at one of the schools I alluded to. I will be happy to share more about that with you if you want to email me.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you.

Mike
Meadoc2b@aol.com

ReplyPosted ByDate & Time
Re: Re: ND and MDMike 0 02/01/06 6:19:43 PM
Re: ND and MDdt 1 01/13/06 11:31:39 PM
Name/Nickname:
Subject:
Enter combination shown above: [ Different Combination ]

Chronic Constipation
Formulated by a Naturopathic Doctor, this distinct product has helped thousands of sufferers. Learn more.