Posted by mike on 01/26/06 at 07:33 AM
I have been on Effexor (75 mg.)for 2 years. The first 6 months were fine. Then I began to have the so called “brain shocks”” from time to time. I would also wake up in the morning feeling like I had been to a very loud rock concert the night before. I did not know the medication was causing this. I just thought I was having a bad day etc. Then my prescription ran out and it took me a week to get it refilled. After about 3 days, the “”brain shocks”” returned bigtime. My heart was pounding and my blood pressure shot up. After taking just one pill, I was completely fine after 2 hours. I have cut my dosage in half now and I am taking mega doses of vitamin B12. I am getting off this drug.